While many people turn to tap water to rinse their eyes, it may not always be safe. Find out when to use water, and what to use when you can't!
Did you know that your eyes are often the first line of defense when it comes to detecting and treating many common systemic diseases and conditions? It's true!
The struggle against dry eye every winter is real. Fortunately there are eye treatments and home remedies to relieve symptoms.
Having an autoimmune disease like Sjogren's syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis or lupus can affect your tear production and eye health.
Give a gift of sight !
Visit our new optometry website for information about our Practice.
It Could Be Pink Eye.
UPDATE #2: For patients at Valley Eye Associates
Starting tomorrow 03/19/2020 We will remain available to triage eye emergencies as well as help you ordering materials at this time.
During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care.
- Routine Eye Exams: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment, we will be calling to cancel your appointment. We will add your name to a list so that we will call you back when things have improved to reschedule your exam.
- I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? Please contact us by phone or text at 201-664-0847. You can also email us at mail@2020NJ.com. We may be able extend your prescription during this time and will help you with your eyewear needs.
- I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do? Please contact us by phone or text at 201-664-0847. You can also email us at mail@2020NJ.com. We may be able extend your prescription during this time, and/or place an order for your contact lenses and have them shipped to your house. Please check to have at least a 6-month supply. We rely on our suppliers and if they ever close down we won’t be able to order the contacts for you.
- I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do? Please contact us by phone or text at 201-664-0847. You can also email us at mail@2020NJ.com. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need.
- What about an eye emergency? What can I do? If you have an ocular emergency, we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call us at 201-664-0847. If you call outside of office hours there is an answering service that will help you to contact us.
- Please call ahead to let us know what time you will be coming.
- Please pay for any balances with your credit card over the phone before arriving.
- Call us from your car when you arrive, the door will be locked and we will need to open it for you.
- There will be a pickup table with your order on the table. The table will be disinfected before and after each patient pickup.
- If you need any adjustments, we will give you instructions on how we will do this.
We are sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you for helping us and everyone in the community to do our part in limiting the spread of COVID-19. We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.